Tuesday 29 June 2010

First Post

Welcome to the first post of MyPennines blog!

This blog provides a counterpart to http://www.mypennines.co.uk/, a website that I have been painstakingly creating over the last six months. Dedicated to my love of hill-walking at the time of launch the website features over 1,400 photos and information on over 130 walks I've completed in the 'backbone of England' with more still to add.

On Upper Tor on the southern Kinder edges
In addition to providing information on walk I have completed http://www.mypennines.co.uk/ also features pages devoted to specific Pennine hills. At the time of launch the website features 11 hill pages from famous Pennine summits such as Kinder Scout and Winter Hill to less celebrated but no less interesting hills such as Ward's Stone and Backstone Edge.

Backstone Edge in the North Pennines
Other features of the website include hill lists, such as relevant Nuttalls, Marilyns and County Tops, as well as 3-day weather forecasts which have been embedded from the BBC Weather website.

On Boulsworth Hill
This blog page will be used to post my thoughts / vent my feelings on a whole load of topics related to hill walking. I also want to use the blog to interact with people who share a similar passion - so please feel free to post comments.

Pen-y-Ghent
Perhaps three of the most famous Pennine mountains are the so-called 'Three Peaks of Yorkshire', namely Ingleborough, Pen-y-Ghent and Whernside. In the future I will post my own thoughts on each of three and try and decide which is my favourite. On this page you can vote for your own particular favourite of the three.

Cheers,

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment